comforting sadness

i am a woman
to which i owe that i know
myself more that anyone else

that i can dine with Happiness
and spend afternoons
sipping coffee consumed by
my longing and completeness

and most of all

to comfort Sadness the only way i know how

alone
at last
again

for i will give up everything
just to have your presence replace
my fingers that enter the
folds of my soul

and to drown you when i
spread my limbs to the ends of the
world
as i hang on to your teeth when

you come
when i come
if i come

come as i till the soil of my earth
come as you stroke the branch that
tips
to the
ground

perhaps this is the only way we know
how to make love

no love,
this IS the only way we CAN
make love

curse the distance
curse the cold screen
curse the absence that lingers
in the cables that attempt to
connect us
the empty room that affirms
we are apart

but you come
and i come

and somehow, Sadness has been
comforted today

till tomorrow love,
till tomorrow

No comments: